The investment objective of the scheme is to generate long term capital appreciation by investing in a portfolio of companies/funds that are likely to benefit either directly or indirectly from consumption led demand in India and across the Asia Pacific region. The Scheme does not guarantee or assure any returns.
Allocations (% of total assets)
|Indian Equities and Equity
|Units of Mirae Asset Asia
Great Consumer Equity Fund (the
underlying fund), and / or in
other mutual funds having
similar strategy, as well as
equities and equity related
securities in asia pacific
|Money market instruments /
debt securities instruments and
/ or units of debt / liquid
schemes of domestic Mutual
||Low to Medium
* - Companies that are likely to benefit directly or indirectly from consumption led activities.
Why Mirae Asset Great Consumer Fund (MAGCF)?
- Alteast 65% of the portfolio will be invested in Indian Equity and Equity related securities, hence the fund will be taxed as an equity fund.
- Upto 35% will be primarily invested in Mirae Asset Great Consumer Equity Fund (Offshore Fund) which will invest in companies benefitting directly or indirectly from consumption led demand in Asia pacific region.
- India portion shall invest in companies where atleast 50% of profits / revenues are derived from domestic businesses.
- Portfolio will comprise of growth companies which has strong return ratio (ROE) and possess sustainable competitive advantage.
- Illustrative consumption sections - FMCG, Autos, Realty, Healthcare, Education, Media & Entertainment, Banks & Financial Services, Telecom, Transportation, Tourism & Hospitality and E-commerce.