Child Education Plan Calculator
We, at Mirae Asset, believe in helping our investors make an 'informed' choice. Although we provide extensive financial information to all our clients, yet we want them to have easy access to an investment knowledge centre that will answer all their queries within moments.
Child Education Plan Calculator
Everything can be compromised with but not education. With a wish to fulfill all the dreams of your child, you should start saving for their education. Gaining knowledge has become demanding these days; from studying abroad to paying for extra classes, you should use this calculator to find out the expected cost of your child’s dream future.
An Investment Plan that May Help You Achieve Your Goal
Monthly Investment Needed
Total Amount (Inflation Adjusted)
Number of People who have taken benefit of this Calculator
For parents, their children’s future is the most important aspiration of their lives. One needs to plan savings and investment for their future, for which factoring in inflation is imperative. Cost of higher education is increasing at a faster rate than normal inflation rate.
Engineering education cost in IITs is Rs 8 – 10 lakhs, several times higher than what it would cost a decade or two back. Cost of an MBA education in the premier institutes (IIMs) can cost Rs 20 lakhs or higher, many times of what it was a decade or two back. If you plan to send your child to a foreign university, you should be prepared to spend a higher amount, than in India.
If you want to secure your child’s future, plan early for their education to accumulate the corpus needed to fulfil their aspirations. Our Child Education Plan Calculator can help you.
How it works?
Child Education Planner will advise how much you need to save and invest to achieve your child’s aspiration of higher education.
How to Use the Mirae Child Education Plan Calculator?
- Enter the current cost of your child’s higher education
- Enter expected rate of return (in %)
- Age of your child (in years)
- Enter rate of inflation (in %). You have the option of performing the calculations with or without inflation – press the radio button accordingly. We recommend that you should calculate with inflation because higher education costs usually tend to appreciate significantly over time.
- Press Calculate
- Mirae Asset Child Education Plan Calculator will tell you how much you need to save and invest on a monthly basis to plan for your child’s higher education.
- The calculator will also tell you how much your child’s higher education may cost after factoring inflation when you finally buy it.
Benefits of using the Mirae Child Education Plan Calculator?
Financial planning is important to achieve long term financial goals. Our Child Education planner Calculator will tell you ideal monthly savings to meet your child’s higher education.
- Once you have a savings target every month, you can plan a budget accordingly which helps to remain disciplined in your financial planning.
- Savings alone is not enough to meet your financial goal. You need to invest it so that it grows over time. How much return you get depends on your investment decisions. Some asset classes have the potential of generating higher returns than others. Mirae Asset Child Education Plan Calculator will tell you how much you need to invest through monthly Systematic Investment Plan in order to achieve your goal of securing your child’s future.
- You should remember that risk and returns are related, hence, invest according to your risk appetite. Your expected rate of return in Mirae Asset Child Education Plan Calculator should be based on your risk appetite and investment tenure. If you have higher risk appetite and longer investment tenure, you can expect higher returns by investing in right asset class. By entering different rates of returns, you can get different results in the calculator. Accordingly, you can make your investment decisions based on the risk profile you are comfortable with. Consult with a financial advisor if needed.
Answer: - It depends on your child’s career plans. The costs of different under-graduate, post graduate and professional courses are available in the public domain. You should factor in accommodation and other living expenses, if your child studies in an institute outside his / her hometown. If you plan to send your child to a foreign university, then you can get information for education consultants who specialize in foreign universities.
Answer: - Entering the expected rate of return in child education plan calculator will depend on your risk appetite and investment tenure. Equity as an asset class can give higher returns, but you need to have high risk appetite and long investment tenures (minimum 5 years) for equity investments. If not, you can invest in debt or hybrid funds. Your expected returns will be lower. You should consult with your financial advisor and make informed decisions.
Answer: - Historical data on inflation in education costs indicate education costs increase at faster rate than CPI inflation. To get a sense of education inflation you can find out the current cost of education you plan for your child and compare it with how much a friend / acquaintance / relative may have paid for the same education when that person was studying. You can then calculate the CAGR and assume it to be inflation rate. Historical data shows that education cost inflation is in double digits (around 10%).
Disclaimer : The calculators are based on assumed rate of returns and meant for illustration purposes only. Some of the features may or may not be currently available for investments in our funds and facilities. The calculators are designed to assist you to get a better understanding on how returns would have panned out in various scenarios. This calculator alone is not sufficient and shouldn’t be used for the development or implementation of any investment strategy. In the preparation of the calculator, Mirae Asset Mutual Fund (MAMF) has tied up with Advisorkhoj who have developed and integrated the calculator with our website. The calculator uses information that is publicly available and information developed in-house. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. MAMF however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. The examples do not purport to represent the performance of any security or investments. It is neither an investment advice nor should it be construed as indicative of any of the schemes of Mirae Asset Mutual Fund. Invest as per your risk appetite and time horizon. In view of individual nature of tax consequences, each investor is advised to consult his/ her own professional tax advisor before taking any investment decision. Contact your financial advisor for detailed insight into the investment advice. Mirae Asset Investment Managers (India) Private Limited (“Mirae AMC”) shall have no responsibility/liability whatsoever for the accuracy or any use or reliance thereof of such information. The AMC, its associate or sponsors or group companies, its Directors or employees accepts no liability for any loss or damage of any kind.