Calculate Lumpsum Returns
Use this calculator to check the returns generated by your Lumpsum investments in this fund till date.
What is Lumpsum investment?
Lumpsum investment is investing your entire investible amount in one go. lumpsum investments are also referred to as one time investments. It is the simplest and the most popular form of investments.
Lumpsum investment refers to a mode of investment where an individual invests a substantial sum of money in a single transaction rather than spreading out the investments over a period of time. This is the opposite of systematic investment approaches like the Systematic Investment Plan (SIP), where one invests a fixed amount at regular intervals, usually monthly or quarterly.
For example, if you get a bonus or an inheritance, or some windfall gain, or any significant amount you wish to invest at once, then that would be a lumpsum investment.
There are several considerations and advantages associated with lumpsum investing, for example, simplicity -- lumpsum investments are straightforward. You invest the money once and let it accumulate without the need to keep track of regular contributions. For those who suddenly come into a large sum of money and are afraid that if the money remains with them, it may get spent, lumpsum investment can be an efficient way to put that money to work immediately.
To calculate returns on your lumpsum investment you may refer to a lumpsum calculator or lumpsum SIP calculator.
How Mirae Asset Lumpsum Calculator works?
Mirae Asset’s mutual fund lumpsum calculator can tell you the point to point returns for lumpsum investments in any Mirae Asset mutual fund schemes.
Let us deep dive here, Mirae Asset calculator is a historical calculator. Depending on the start date and end date you choose along with the amount entered, it tells us returns for lumpsum investment made in any Mirae Asset Mutual Fund scheme. And during the same period, how the benchmark has performed.
How to Use the Mirae Asset Lumpsum Calculator?
- Enter the Mirae Asset Mutual Fund scheme name in which you wish to make lumpsum investments in the lumpsum investment calculator
- Enter the investment amount
- Enter start date – date on which you made the investment
- Enter end date – date on which you redeemed the units / or the date till which you want to see the return of your invested scheme
- Press Calculate
- Mirae Asset mutual fund lumpsum return calculator will tell you the current value of your investment (as on the end date, entered by you), profits, absolute return and CAGR return.
How to invest in Lumpsum
From the Mirae Asset mutual fund lumpsum return calculator, you can check the returns of its various mutual fund schemes and invest in lumpsum in the one which suits your risk profile and time horizon. Investments can be made online or offline through a mutual fund distributor.
From the Mirae Asset mutual fund lumpsum return calculator, you can check the returns of its various mutual fund schemes and benchmark returns and invest in lumpsum in the scheme which suits your risk profile and time horizon. Lumpsum investments can be made online or offline or through a mutual fund distributor.
For the online process, if you are a new investor to the Mutual Funds, then take out your PAN Card, Aadhar (if it is liked with your mobile email), and bank details like account number, IFSC Code, and a photo of the cheque with your name or the latest bank statement or photo of passbook. If you have all the documents, click here to start investing.
If you are someone who already had mutual fund investments, then keep your PAN Card and bank details handy and click here.
Now if you are someone with existing investments with Mirae Asset and are not present online then sign up and take your investment statement and make a note of your folio number. Once you have your folio number or the registered email id then click here and proceed further.
Benefits of using the Mirae Asset Lumpsum Calculator
- Lumpsum is the simplest form of investment as your entire amount gets invested in one go and begins to earn returns from the date of your investment till the time you redeem it.
- Market corrections can be used tactically to invest in Lumpsum. Investment made in market corrections has the potential of generating superior returns in the long term.
- The tenure of investment is very important in lumpsum investments. In lumpsum investments, your entire amount is invested in one go, therefore, in volatile markets, the value of your investment may go down or even show a loss. That is why it is important to have sufficiently long investment tenures, so that your investments get enough time to recover in value and generate returns / profit for you.
- You can use Mirae Asset's mutual fund lumpsum Calculator to try different start and end dates and see the returns for different investment tenures. Your investment tenure will depend on your investment needs, but Mirae Asset's lumpsum investment Calculator can give you a sense of the returns you can potentially get for different investment tenures.
- Mirae Asset Mutual Fund lumpsum calculator helps you plan your investments based on the estimated returns on your lumpsum investments. This helps you reach your financial goals using the mutual fund lumpsum investment route.
- Mirae Asset Lumpsum calculator, saves your time and effort as manual calculation can take much time and it may not be accurate too. In a mutual fund lumpsum calculator, the calculation is done in seconds, effortlessly and accurately.
- Mirae Asset Lumpsum calculator is an online tool and can be used anytime by visiting https://www.miraeassetmf.co.in/
Formula for calculating the lumpsum returns
Mutual fund Lumpsum calculator uses compound interest formula to calculate the returns of mutual fund lumpsum investments. In a lumpsum calculator, one of the variables is the number of times the return is compounded in a year. In mutual fund lumpsum return calculator, this variable is usually used as 1, because in mutual fund annual compounding is used to calculate the returns.
The formula used in lumpsum calculator is as follows –
A = P (1 + r/n) ^ nt
|r||Rate of return|
|t||Duration of investment|
|n||No. of compounded interests in a year|
Let us use the above formula to calculate a sample lumpsum return using the mutual fund lumpsum return calculator. Example – What would be return on an investment of Rs 10 Lakhs assuming the return is 10% annual and the investment tenure is 5 years.
The estimated return in this case would be:-
A = Rs 10,00,000 (1 + 10%) ^ 5 . Result - A = Rs 16,10,511.
The above may look complex for a layman investor, but a lumpsum calculator makes it very easy. Using the lumpsum calculator online, we find the results within seconds. It is Rs 16,10,511.
How can a Lump sum Calculator Help You?
The Mirae Asset lump sum calculator will help you on the following parameters –
The formula used in lumpsum calculator is as follows –
- Assessing Performance: The lumpsum return calculator allows investors to gauge a scheme’s or investment’s performance over two specific dates. Instead of generalised or average returns, you get an exact return for your chosen timeframe.
- Customized Analysis: Investors can select specific dates to understand how a particular event or series of events affected the fund.
- Comparative Insights: By choosing different starting and ending points, you can compare how various schemes performed in identical market conditions.
- Understanding Market Cycles: Markets move in cycles, with bull and bear phases. By analysing returns over different periods, you can understand the resilience and performance of a scheme across various market cycles.
- Benchmark Comparison: Along with evaluating the mutual fund scheme's performance, you see its returns against benchmark indices. This provides a clear picture of whether the fund is outperforming or underperforming compared to the market.
- Historical Perspective: Investors gain a historical perspective by studying past returns. While past performance doesn’t indicate future results, it may offer insights into the scheme's stability and management quality.
In essence, the calculator empowers you with data-driven insights, with an aim to help you navigate the complexities of the financial markets with greater clarity and confidence.
Answer: - You can select schemes of Mirae Asset mutual fund from the drop down menu. You should select a scheme based on your risk appetite and investment needs. You can select either Direct or Regular plan depending on how you want to invest. If you want to invest directly with Mirae Asset MF then you can select the scheme Direct Plan else select the regular plan to invest through a mutual fund distributor. Please note that expense ratio of direct plans will be lower than regular plans.
However, if you have already invested in any scheme of Mirae Asset mutual fund, you can select that scheme and can check the return from the date of your investment to till date.
Answer: - Enter either the date from which you want to check the returns or the date when you actually made your investments.
Answer: - In the mutual fund lumpsum return calculator you should enter the date till which you want to see the scheme performance/ return of the chosen scheme or the actual date on which you redeemed your investment in the Mirae Asset mutual fund scheme.
Answer: - You can calculate the lumpsum returns using a lumpsum calculator online. You have to just input the investment amount, period in years and the expected return
Answer: - Yes, as it is based on mathematical formula. However, the actual return on your lumpsum investment can vary from the expected return assumptions entered in the lumpsum calculator. Because in a mutual fund lumpsum return calculator the returns you are entering is expected which may or may not be same as the return on get on your actual lumpsum investments. Therefore, the investor must set the right expectations from their mutual fund lumpsum investments
Answer: - You should visit the mutual fund company website and register online to invest. Alternatively, you can contact a mutual fund distributor or visit the AMC office. But before you proceed, do check the estimated returns using the lumpsum calculator
Answer: -Lumpsum investments are known as one-time investments whereas SIP investments are systematic or regular investments through which you can save a fixed amount for a fixed tenure on a fixed date every month/ quarter. Before investing in lumpsum, you can use the lumpsum calculator to understand the estimated returns. In case of SIP, returns can be calculated using a SIP calculator.
Lumpsum refers to a one-time, bulk investment in a financial instrument, such as a mutual fund. In a lumpsum investment, an investor puts a significant amount of money into a chosen scheme all at once, usually when they have a substantial sum on hand.
On the other hand, a Systematic Investment Plan, commonly known as SIP, is a disciplined investment strategy where an investor contributes a fixed amount regularly, be it monthly, quarterly, or annually, into their chosen mutual fund scheme.
Answer: -Both have their advantages or disadvantages. For example – in a lumpsum investments, you cannot time the market but you save yourself from any future investment commitments. Also, you can invest in lumpsum whenever you have some surplus cash in hand, by checking the expected returns using the lumpsum calculator. Whereas in SIP, you accumulate units at market lows and highs, and thus, benefit from rupee cost averaging. Through SIP, you can also get into a habit of disciplined investing.
Answer: - It may or may not be as in lumpsum investment you buy one-time and get one NAV. Here the returns depends on the rise or fall of the NAV at which you bought the units. You can check these returns using a lumpsum calculator. In a SIP however, you are investing at different NAVs as there is a series of investments made on different dates over a period of time. Therefore, we cannot say that the returns will be same. Most likely, it will not be same as the average purchase price may be different in both the cases.
Answer: - One should prefer a lumpsum investment in following scenarios –
- Market is down and you want to take advantage of the low prices (NAV).
- You have suddenly received some money (say bonus, property sell or gift, etc.), the same can be invested in lumpsum.
- You already have investments in mutual funds and you may add more investments whenever you like as lumpsum. Using a lumpsum calculator you can always know if your old lumpsum investments are giving expected returns or not.
- You have not saved for taxes, and the financial year end is approaching, you may like to invest in lumpsum in ELSS funds to avail the tax benefits
It shows the returns of the schemes for the dates chosen by you, but if you have any investment in the schemes, then it doesn’t show you those returns unless you log-in to your account.
Mirae Asset Mutual Fund can help you with research about a scheme’s past returns over different time horizons. Calculators do not help achieve your financial goals; they are the compass that may help you towards direction of achieving your goals. Also, please note past performance may or may not sustain in future.
Disclaimer : The calculators are based on assumed rate of returns and meant for illustration purposes only. Some of the features may or may not be currently available for investments in our funds and facilities. The calculators are designed to assist you to get a better understanding on how returns would have panned out in various scenarios. This calculator alone is not sufficient and shouldn’t be used for the development or implementation of any investment strategy. In the preparation of the calculator, Mirae Asset Mutual Fund (MAMF) has tied up with Advisorkhoj who have developed and integrated the calculator with our website. The calculator uses information that is publicly available and information developed in-house. Information gathered and material used in this calculator is believed to be from reliable sources. MAMF however does not warrant the accuracy, reasonableness and/or completeness of any such information. The examples do not purport to represent the performance of any security or investments. It is neither an investment advice nor should it be construed as indicative of any of the schemes of Mirae Asset Mutual Fund. Invest as per your risk appetite and time horizon. In view of individual nature of tax consequences, each investor is advised to consult his/ her own professional tax advisor before taking any investment decision. Contact your financial advisor for detailed insight into the investment advice. Mirae Asset Investment Managers (India) Private Limited (“Mirae AMC”) shall have no responsibility/liability whatsoever for the accuracy or any use or reliance thereof of such information. The AMC, its associate or sponsors or group companies, its Directors or employees accepts no liability for any loss or damage of any kind.